Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever. Alma 26:12

Friday, December 26, 2014

NOV 17...Coincidences don't exist. He is always leading us

Dear Family,
This last week has been crazy. The area of the other missionaries that I lived with was closed this week. It's so weird to have a house to ourselves... So ya, Elder Gardner became a Zone Leader and Elder Alvorado became financial secretary. I'm super happy for them, but I already miss them a ton :\... They are great missionaries. Unfortunately, when they left, their area became part of our area... Our area basically doubled in size and now we have more than 35 recent converts all baptized within the last 4ish months to take care of. We're gonna be working our butts off haha. 

So last night we got the transfer news annnnnnnnnnndddddddddddd no one was transfered. Later that night though, while I was accompanying the district, one of my Elders told me that Elder Queiroz (an elder in my district) was called as district leader... I was so confused. No one had told me anything. No one had told me that I wasnt DL anymore. So I called the Zone Leaders and asked them what was going on. They had no idea and just told me that we are both DLs but really didnt know what was going on. So this morning when we arrived in Fortaleza (My companion and I had been invited to attened a Zone leaders meeting with President.. I saw Elder Constantino!! Hes gonna train another American and open ANOTHER area.. I'm so jealous! :) ) I asked President what was going on annnnnnnnnnnddddddd.... He had no idea haha. He called his assistants into his office and a couple minutes later, they came out with the response.. Pacajus is gonna be divided. I'm not sure how it's gonna work out. The other DL lives in the house with the rest of my district and now there's no one else in my house. I think its more likely that I won't stay DL for too much longer. Which is really sad to me. It's a stressful position sometimes, but I really love it! Either way, I know that we're all being led by God and that God doesn't make mistakes. Coincidences don't exist. He is always leading us, and only when we follow will we really be happy.  :)

P.s. Mom - Please buy papa a nice pair of thick leather gloves. I wanna come home to a 10 fingered dad :)

-- 

Elder Hamstead
Photos... Last day all together. Baptims of Vitoria and Lunch with my Elders (Gardner and Alvorado)