Because of how far out I am from the mission office I get mail once every 6 weeks (each transfer day). When I get a closer area I'll basically get it right when it arrives.
We've been looking for a new house since we got here. When we get one, we'll go from having one of the worst if not the worst house in the mission to the nicest by far. It has to be nice because we will be holding church there and it has to be big because we'll have more missionaries in this area by mid year (long after we've gone). We're trying our hardest to get a new house. We find it however we want (using realtors and just walking around). We've found the most success just talking to people. We're meeting with a realtor to go look at houses tomorrow. When we find one we have to get it approved by the mission secretary and our area authority ( Bishop, branch president, Group President (here)). And then the secretary does the money stuff. I think it's actually pretty fun / cool.
The language is coming super fast. I can basically say whatever I want but where I am would be like southern Alabama in the US. The people are really poor here and have an accent which makes understanding very difficult. I can basically understand everything Elder Constantiono says though.
|When it rains, it pours!|
Oi! Here are some answers to your questions:
- Soooo we don't have running or clean water in our house. We have to shower in water that isn't exactly pristine. We're staying in president Zuza's old house. Its terrible haha.
- My city is called Salgueiro (you can google it) and basically everyone takes cards but we usually just get cash from the ATMs because its easier.
- Every companionship has a phone in our mission and we call in numbers every Sunday. We don't have the ability to print (at least in this area).
- We traveled to the zone conference in a van with like 14 other people (reminded me of car rides in grandma and grandpas old van.
- We went from one family in the branch to three because we reactivated 2 families.
Love you all so much!!
|$38 razor...everything is so expensive here!|
|My city. Salguiero|