Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever. Alma 26:12

Friday, March 7, 2014

The days here are long but the weeks are flying by!

Provo LDS Temple


Can you believe that I've already been gone for a month?? I can't. The days here are long but the weeks are flying by! This last week has been my busiest by far. 

Last Wednesday, we (my district and I) had the opportunity to host for our first time. I knew that Elder Simpson was coming in that day and I was determined to host him. Unfortunately, when my district got to our training meeting, we were reassigned to international hosting. My chance to host him went from slim to none. I finished international hosting about 10 minutes after Elder Simpson was scheduled to show and decided to just go back to my classroom. Fortunately I didn't. I went to the drop off line
With Elder Tyler Simpson
to pickup one more person. After only a minute or two of standing there, a car pulled in. I didn't recognize it and didn't pay too much attention to it until they drove past me and I heard a loud knocking coming from the rear windshield. I knew who it was right then and ran after the car. When I got down to the car, there was already an Elder there waiting to host him. I told him that I'd take this one. It was so cool to be able to host Elder Simpson. We didn't get too much time to talk because I had to drop him at the buses for the West Campus, but I'm glad I had the opportunity to see him.

Good news! Our Zone of 4 will become a zone of 10 tomorrow! We'll be getting a district of 4 Sisters and 2 Elders. Five of them are going to Portugal and 1 of the girls is going to the Sao Paulo East mission. I'm just excited to have more people. Last Sunday, we had a zone of 8 leave to Mozambique. They left early in the morning and unfortunately for them, returned early in the afternoon. Their flight had been canceled. I can't imagine how that would feel. They were finally on their way, only to find themselves heading back the way they came. They weren't very happy haha. 

The rest of my week consisted of work, work, and you guessed it, more work. All this studying is really starting to pay off though. We're gonna do our first 24 hour language fast this week and I'm happy to say that I'm actually excited for it. 

Hope everything's going well back in Georgia. We've been hearing about missionaries being pulled out of the Ukraine. WW3 could be going on out there and we'd have no idea. Let me know!

Love you all :)

The harder the conflict,
The more glorious the triumph.
What we obtain too cheaply
We esteem too lightly.

-Thomas Paine

One of my crazy professors, Irmao Laws

P.s. 
If you could send me a Portuguese to English / English to Portuguese dictionary, that would be great. The one that they gave me is already falling apart. I use it a lot haha.