Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever. Alma 26:12

Friday, March 28, 2014

The Craziest Week of my Life So Far

We found this sign while cleaning our house.
My Area - Santo Antonio


Last Pic with Elder Carlson
This has been the craziest week of my life by far. Last Monday I left the US for Brasil. After 32 hours of travel, I finally arrived at my mission home. We (about 14, 3 Americans) stayed there for a couple hours of training and then were brought to a hotel  to drop our stuff at. We then went to President Fusco's house for dinner. Brasilian food is AWESOME. We had a quick testimony meeting and then returned to the hotel for the night.

At the Sao Paulo Airport


Pres. Fusco

Chapel in Fortaleza

Dinner at Pres. Fusco's

View from my Hotel Room

LDS Church in Fortaleza















The next morning, we loaded up into a big van at 8am and went to the church. The church in Fortaleza is awesome!! We stayed there for the rest of the day for training and meals. Which was great because our chapels are some of the only places that have air conditioning here. We left for our area around 10pm - 15 hours by bus to go 250 miles (We're the farthest inland in our mission and we're about 3 hours away from the closest missionaries). 

Bus to Santo Antonio
On the Bus


Crazy.. The buses are super nice and have AC though so I'm not complaining haha. Oh ya! I forgot to say that my companion and I are opening this mission. When we got here, there was only one active family. Now there are 3 :). My birthday was our first day in the area. That was super cool. We're living in President Zuza's old house until we find a new place. It's definitely different than Georgia. The biggest difference is probably the lack of running water and showering from a bucket. Among many other things haha. We had church at our house yesterday and unfortunately had a smaller turnout than we had expected. Next week we won't be here for Sunday because of District meeting but I know that house will be full. I'll send a bunch of pics! :)

P.s. Theres no English spell check here so, mom, If you could fix this up that'd be great :)