Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever. Alma 26:12

Friday, March 21, 2014

Time is flying by!

UPDATE: Christopher wrote this letter on March 16th  before he left the MTC.  He flew to Brazil on Monday, March 17th via Salt Lake, Atlanta, Sao Paulo and finally to Fortaleza.

Dear Family,

I can't believe how fast time is flying by.  I feel like ti was just yesterday that I got on that first plane.  It feels so weird to be writing my last letter in the MTC.  And it feels even weirder to think that I'll be in Brazil before you guys open this letter.  I've heard from most of my teachers and members of our branch presidency that it usually takes about a month to be able to speak and comprehend after you get down there and about 6 months to become comfortable with speaking it.  I just hope that I learn quickly enough to understand conference. I feel like it's gonna be a really good one.  I think that the thing I will miss the most are devotionals.  It's so cool to be able to hear from so many inspired men so high up in the church.  Oh!  Did I tell you who spoke last Sunday?  Elder Aiducaitus (I probably butchered his name!) You'll remember him from our last stake conference.  He was the super funny Brazilian (turns out most Brazilians are like him. Yay!) that gave that super awesome talk. I think he's probably my second favorite speaker.  Only behind President Uchtdorf.  Thank you so much for the birthday gifts!  They're gonna help so much during my 34 hours of traveling.k  Hope everything is going well back home!  Send more pics!  Love you guys so much!

Elder Hamstead

My Zone