Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever. Alma 26:12

Friday, November 14, 2014

I'm so used to it being me...

Dear Family,

(Sorry for the short letter!)

This week was a bit different. My companion got sick! So weird. I'm so used to it being me. Unfortunately, his stomach isn't responding very well to the new environment and we couldn't leave the house for 3 days. Fortunately, my awesome elders (especially Elder Gardner), were there to help. So I was able to keep working in my area for a majority of the week. 

So I'd just like to bear my testamony to you guys that I know that ALL of us have a purpose in life. That the only way to realize this purpose is by way of our decisions. While we're here on the earth, there are always two very visable forces fighting for us. There's God, who loves us and wants nothing but the best for us and there's Satan, who only wants us to feel the same pain he feels everyday. Every decision we make in life is hugely important. Every deision we make brings us closer to one side or the other. I now that when we make good, God inspired decisions, we can really be happy in life and more importantly, afterwards.

LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

-- 
Elder Hamstead

P.s. Just a little over a month until SKYPE!!! :)