Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever. Alma 26:12

Friday, December 26, 2014

Dec 15...Going back to Salguiero - my first area

Dear Family,

This week I'm feeling super blessed. I am seriously feeling the love of my Lord. Looking back on my mission until now, its super easy to see his presence. Everything that I've really desired, he's given me. When I got to the CTM, all I wanted was a trainer that could speak English and help me adjust. So, He gave me Elder Constantino and an awesome area (Salgueiro). I always wanted to be a hard working missionary, willing to do everything and anything for my God. So, He gave me 2 great examples of what not to do.. After my 2 great examples, I really wanted an American companion, annnnnnd I got Elder Page! We had a great time together and worked many miracles (Alma 26:12..) My scripture on my missionary plaque!! :)), But now its time to move on to my next blessing. Tomorrow, I'll be leaving Pacajus. After almost 7 months and a ton of learning. Fortunately, Elder Hershberger (My awesome friend that was called as assistant a couple weeks back) called me on Thursday (We usually only get 1 days heads up) to let me know. So I've already gotten to say goodbye to everyone and were gonna have a party at FHE tonight :). So ya, my next blessing... I'M GOING BACK TO SALGUEIRO!!! Wellll... more or less haha. I'll be ZL in Araripina and Salgueiro is in my zone!!!! Its super cool! I've already been to the house there and gotten to know the area a bit when I did a division there my third week of my mission! So ya, there isnt one ward in my entire zone. All groups and branches. My next companions name is Elder Munson and hes American too! I can already feel my Portugese getting worse... Ive never met him before, buuuuut I hope hes good haha.
--
Elder Hamstead

(Tried to upload pics but my cam is being dumb. Put a couple on Box.com)

LOVE YOU ALL!!