Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever. Alma 26:12

Sunday, February 23, 2014

One of those tender mercies

The CTM is great! The spirit is in abundance. President Holland came on Sunday! He didn't really talk much, he just introduced his son. But still. It was so cool to see an Apostle. The Spirit here really is super powerful! I'm so glad that I'm able to be here at this time. I feel blessed. The amount of new Brazilian missionaries is slowing down drastically. There haven't been any new districts since we got here and there's no word on any new ones coming. Weird. I cant wait to get to Brazil! I know that I'm nowhere near ready language wise but I'm just so excited!
The language is hard but I've progressed more in the last two weeks than in my 3 years of Latin. CRAZY! It's extremely exhausting and definitely the hardest thing I have done, but I can feel myself growing and I know that the growing pains will eventually subside.  I just hope I get used to the sleeping schedule soon.  I'm sleeping very well, it's just that I'm not used to going to bed at 10:30, waking up at 6:30 and then working for the rest of the day. The language is much harder than I had expected.  I'm picking up the vocab fairly easily.  I think I know 150 - 200 words.  More than anyone else in my district (except maybe Elder Zwick).  The grammar is what kills me.
Notecards and First Lesson Plan
I can understand little bits of Portuguese when its spoken to me, but I can't speak Portuguese almost at all. It's frustrating. Fortunately I know that if I do all that I can, the Lord will do the rest.  Every time I hear an important word (basically any word I don't know in Portuguese)  I write it down on a flash card and add it to my study pile.  I have a lot of flash cards haha.  The food here is much better than I thought it would be (thankfully haha). I think that every day I'm here the work getseasier and easier.  It's crazy how much of myself I see in Elder Carlson (my companion). It's as if we were the same person but split into two on arrival at the CTM.  I try my hardest to stay optimistic and happy - it's actually pretty easy. Some let themselves get stressed and keep thinking "how much longer to this" or "how much longer until that".


With my Companion Elder Carson
Meeting Hunter when he walked in was one of those tender mercies. Me and my companion decided to leave lunch early to get a head start on studying when I got the feeling to turn around. Right when I did, Hunter walked out from inside the main entrance to meet up with his host. I was so shocked. I've only seen him twice since then. This campus is huge.

The house looks AMAZING!!! That brick wall is the perfect accent to the kitchen. I'm so glad that you got to meet with Tom Price! Send me a pic of the letter when you get a chance! I heard the pizza kitchen is making progress!  Send some pictures.
Oh! My first Zone Leader, Elder Judd, is heading to the Atlanta north mission today for his reassignment!! Keep an eye out for him! He's awesome. 

Have I ever been to lake Erie? Random question haha
Japanese would be super cool for Abby to know! Especially if she can get into the SCAD in Japan ;)


Love you all! :) 

p.s. I need a camera charger:) And a copy of my patriarchal blessing:)