Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever. Alma 26:12

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

An entirely new mission!

Dear Family,

It was so good to see your faces yesterday!! 7 more months until the next time!! It sounds like a lot of time, but I know it'll fly by. So as you guys already know, I was transferred and I'm serving in an area called Jardim Castelão. Until now, I always served far from the city (called the interior). It really feels like I'm in an entirely new mission. Everything is different haha. The people, the way we work, even our vocabulary has to change! So ya, I'm adjusting right now. I love it here, but I really miss and love the people and my areas in the interior. But that's ok. I know that I'll see them all again. I'm not exactly sure why, but its hard for me to feel the same love for the people here that I felt for the people in the interior. I'm trying to push myself more, to serve the people more so that I can gain this love really quickly. The principle is really simple, the more you serve someone the more you love them. It's the same with God. The more you serve Him, the more love you will have for Him. The more love you have for Him, the more desire you will have to serve him more and obey him more. I know that this is really true. I've seen it in my own life and in the lives of many others. If you don't have this same knowledge, I challenge you to put the promises of God to test. Follow him 100% for just one week. I promise that you'll really see the difference and your testimony will grow exponentially, just like mine did. :)

With Elder Christofferson....guess where I am?



https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2006/10/the-great-plan-of-happiness?lang=eng