Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever. Alma 26:12

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

April 27 - I am 100% convinced!



This last week was pretty cool! When I arrived in Esperança, we started to teach a woman named Silvia (Pic). Both of her children are already baptized. Lara (Pic) was baptized about 3 years ago and has a great testimony. Caiu was baptized at the same time and is now serving in Curitiba (BR) as an Assistant. Unfortunately Silvia and her husband never were able to gain their own testimonies and were never baptized. The first time that I talked to Silvia, I knew that she was ready. We taught her the Restoration and she got super into it. When we finished, she ran over to her maid and told her that she had just heard the most interesting story and asked for us to go to the maids house to teach her!! I am 100% convinced that there isn't anyone in the world that can deny the truth of the Restoration when taught by worthy priesthood holders. We made a date for the 26th of April she accepted. As we got closer to the date, she decided that she would only be baptized by her son who gets home next month. She didn't want to put off her baptism though. So we got into contact with her sons mission Pres and got permission for Silvia to go to Curitiba to be baptized by her son. She arrived on Friday night and was baptized by her son on Saturday! I'm pretty sure that it was the best surprise that her son has ever received in his entire life! Just goes to show that the Lord really does reward his worthy servants! Love you guys so much!! If you guys ever have any questions or doubts, feel free to send them my way!! :)

Love,
Elder Hamstead