Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever. Alma 26:12

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

March 23 - Happy Birthday Elder Hamstead!



(Me, Elder Feliciano, Elder Carneiro, Elder Farias)
Surprise Birthday Party - 20 years old on 3/20th

Transfer week! Fortunately, Im still in Araripina (Got called as the group President!!). Unfortunately, my comp was transfered.... To be an Assistant!! Thats my second comp to be called as Assistant!! CRAZY! My new comp hasnt arrived yet and Ive never met him before but Elder Hershberger told me a bit about him. Hes a cowboy from São Paulo named Elder Azevedo, he has about one transfer less than me annnnnnnnd hes black!! Thats two black comps in a row! I feel so lucky!! :) The paperwork to become a branch was sent in a couple weeks ago and we´re still waiting for the response. Im hoping and praying that it comes soon! My health has been great ever since I arrived in Araripina (Except for that chunck that they had to take out of my forehead haha).The Lord is really blessing me a ton! My birthday was really cool. I had a suprise party! My comp didnt even know that it was gonna happen. We had marked to go with a member (Mateus) to his friends house last week and showed up at his house about 7ish. We got in the car and headed to his friends house.... Or so I thought haha. We ended up going to a different members house where we found the suprise party haha. All in all, it was a pretty great week. 


P.s.
We just got the news that an Apostle is gonna visit the mission in a couple weeks!!!!!!!

P.p.s.
Mom, the package arrived and its waiting for me in Fortaleza. Im gonna ask Elder Feliciano to give it to one of the transfered Elders to bring to me tomorrow :)!

P.p.p.s.
Elder Page was transfered from Pacajus and is gonna go to Iguato! Thats one of the other areas really far from fortaleza, so Ill be able to see him soon when we have conference with President in Juazeiro!!

-- 
Elder Hamstead