Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever. Alma 26:12

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

I love our message...March 9

This past week was awesome! My new comp (Elder Feliciano - from João Pessoa (where Sam Loveland is serving)) found a ton of awesome people! One family that we found is super awesome. The moms name is Rosi (Pronounced Hosy) and shes super cool. She works as a volunteer helping underprivaleged children and also as a teacher. So ya, we found Rosi´s family on Wednesday and taught them the restauration. They are a very Lutheran family and I actually was nervous at first that it would just turn into a big bible bash... Something that I really don't like. But fortunately, the Spirit was with us and at the end of the lesson, she even agreed that everything that we taught (especially the priesthood) actually makes sense! It felt like such a victory! 

I love being able to help people see the truth and the light. But even more than that, I love our message. It really does make perfect sense! I am convinced that there isnt one doubt that cant be answered by means of studying and pondering the scriptures, praying and fasting. God wants us to be happy but, "God isn’t about making good things happen to you, or bad things happen to you. He’s all about you making choices—exercising the gift of free will. God wants you to have good things and a good life, but He won’t gift wrap them for you. You have to choose the actions that lead you to that life. (Quote from Brother Cardens email. Not sure who actually wrote it). If we want to be happy in life and walk the path that Jesus walked, we have to act. God loves us so much that he gave us the ability to obey him, or not. Only we can decide. Rosi and her family acted. We left 3 Nefi 11 with them. They read, prayed, and God heard them. Their baptims will be on the 22 of March :). I know that God loves all of his children. All of us have things that we need to get better at. Make the tough choices today. Read. Pray. Change. :)

Good news! I told President about our goal for men last week and without even passing the 15 of March, he decided to make us a branch!!!!! We´ve already filled out the paperwork and its on it way to Utah (Or maybe the area presidency.. Not sure who decides). We should get a response within the next month or two!!!

Happy Anniversary Mommy and Papa!!!!! I love you guys so much and am so greatful for your decisions and your actions which have guided our family over the years. I am greatful to be able to say that I am your son :).

I love you all so much!

--
Elder Hamstead