Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever. Alma 26:12

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

This is getting exciting!

Dear family,

This past week was was crazy. I had very little time in my area because we did 4 divisions. It was pretty cool though to get to go to so many areas in such little time. I love exploring Brasil haha! 

This week, we had a huge miracle.... 86 people in Sacrament meeting!!! It's growing so quickly here! We´ve been doing weekly fasts and we´ve been seeing weekly results! Araripina has been open since October of 2013 (Remember Elder Gerdner from Pacajus? He opened it :) ) and it's always been a pretty slow growing place. We didn't even have enough room in the house for everyone! We had to open up one of the side rooms to fit everyone. Best part is is that President Costa (District President) decided to do a surprise visit that day! He wanted to make us a Branch in the moment, but unfortunately, when he did interviews, we faulted 3 worthy men! I was so sad. But now we´re going full speed ahead. We´ve organized our missionaries and split up all of the people that are close to getting the higher priesthood or that have it already and can be reactivated. We´ve made a goal with the Elders and with these men to be worthy and ready on the 15th of March. If everything goes perfect, we´ll add 12 men with the higher priesthood to our group in 2 Sundays. I love this work. I know that the Lord really will provide a way. This is getting exciting! Pray for us!! 

LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

-- 
Elder Hamstead
After our last district meeting :) (not sure what happened to Elder Munsons face haha)