Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever. Alma 26:12

Saturday, January 31, 2015

JAN 20 FAiITH + WORKS = MIRACLES

Sorry for not emailing yesterday! I was traveling for my surgery, went very well this morning. The doctor (a member) wants me to wear a hat for the rest of my mission. President is gonna try to get permission for that. Sister Fusco was there for the surgery and after, took us to Burger King / bought my medicines / gave me a bottle of presidents 100SPF / and took us hat shopping (She knew a place close by that has hats with built in UV protection. If it gets approved, she´ll buy one that we looked at for me). I'll be traveling next P-day as well to come back to Fortaleza for a checkup (I'll leave to Araripina tonight) and the tests on the chunch that they cut out of my head will be done in about a week. 

Ok, so last week was a pretty cool week. We were super rushed the entire week, in our area and in our zone. But somehow by the grace of God, we were still able to squeeze in 2 baptisms. Probably the 2 most stressful of my mission. I feel like Satan literally did everything in his power to stop theses baptisms from happening. But in the end, he lost, as he always has and always will :). These 2 girls are awesome. Their names are Gerlania (the one in the middle) and Erlani (with the green towel). Before you start thinking too much, the baby in Gerlanias arm isn't hers... It's her sisters. They've both had difficult lives but their huge change (that they had in the 8 days that we knew them before the baptism) was big enough to have an affect on me. It's crazy what God can do. Faith + Work = Miracles. 



n the Hospital with the chunk of my forehead in a bottle :)