Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever. Alma 26:12

Monday, October 20, 2014

Unfortunately, we didn't find anyone to baptize.... Forutnately, the Lord did (Oct 13)

Dear family, 

Sooooo I started out this week SUPER nervous!! Starting as a trainer and district leader... I didn't feel prepared. Fortunately, my companion, Elder Page, is AWESOME! He doesn't speak much yet, but he's already understanding really well. He loves working annnnnnnd he's from the motherland! Utah! Haha... 


So this week, we only had 3 days of work in my area... Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I really wanted to have a baptism on Elder Pages first Sunday.. Unfortunately, we didn't find anyone to baptize.... Forutnately, the Lord did ;). On Sunday, one of the families we're teaching arrived in sacrament and one of their sons was completely filled with the desire to be baptized. At first, his parents didn't let him, but just a few minutes after, the spirit touched their hearts and they wanted him to be baptized too!!!! Such a cool experience. 


So this week, I also started my duties as district leader (Mom - 8 missionaries), which includes doing interviews. The first time I was nervous, but it turns out that interviewing is literally the most spiritual thing that ive probably ever done! I felt the Spirit so strongly in my last one (of 7).. I can't say too much about it, but I can say this: I know this church is true. I know that Jesus lives and that He gave his life for me and for you. I know that if I was the only person to ever live, Jesus would still give his life, just to save me. I know that he loves me and that he loves you. I've literally felt him in my life and I know that he's here with us right now. I know that he would do anything to help us. I know that is why he calls prophets / gave us the Book of Mormon and Bible. I know that he wants us to be happy in our lives. I know that he wants us to return. Not so that we can live with him again, but so that he can live with us. We love him because he loved us first.

(Sorry for the short letter)

LOVE YOU GUYS!!!
-- 
Elder Hamstead