Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever. Alma 26:12

Monday, October 20, 2014

I don't know why I haven't been doing this my entire mission

Dear family,

This last week was great! We started out last Monday doing a family home evening in Jaqueline's house. It was so cool! I don't know why I haven't been doing this my entire mission. We watched Joseph Smith the Prophet of the Restoration and had a bunch of cake and popcorn! Were doing another one tonight. 


This week, we really pushed hard with one of our investigators that weve been teaching for almost 2 months. Francisco has had a super difficult life and had problems with drugs and alchool (like a lot of problems). When we started teaching him, he didn't believe in God or anything that we taught him. This last week we returned every day and gave him a date for Sunday. He accepted, and after a couple really spiritual experiences, he was baptized! I feel like everytime I baptize someone, they enter the water nervous and leave it without any regret, with one of the greatest feelings they've ever felt. I love being able to see the gospel change lives! It's probably the best testimony builder that exists! I know that I am here as a representative of Christ. I know that he has the power to change the life of anyone. 


On Sunday, our ward secretary asked Elder Page (my new comp) to give a talk in sacrament (I seriously think he's crazy... Elder P only has a bit more than a week here and doesn't really know how to speak yet...). So I told the secretary that I would speak. I really love the opportunity. I spoke on missionary work and every member a mssionary. I don't think I have ever seen my ward so quiet (Wards here are a lot different than in the US.. People don't see it as a problem to talk or do whatever they want during sacrament meeting.. It's really sad) than it was when I was speaking. I'm expecting it to be a lot easier to get the help of the members now haha. 

Love you guys so much!! Only like 2 more months until SKYPE!!!

LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!

-- 
Elder Hamstead