Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever. Alma 26:12

Monday, June 16, 2014

Loving Portuguese and my new area (June 9)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!! I LOVE YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!!!

Ok, so as of this week our Internet rules have changed. We now only have one hour for email every week. Because of this, I'm gonna ask you guys to send your weekly letters by mail. You can still write it the same way, just instead of hitting send, hit print :). My last letter from the States (from the Stake Presidency) arrived here in a little under 2 weeks. The backlog (<-not sure if this word is right) of letters from the big mail strike has finally cleared up. Soooooo ya.. Please do that!! :). 


My first day in the new area
Elder Rodriguez's last day in the area

The chapel!
The stake center
Our house situation here is still unresolved. We now have 6 missionaries living in the house (2 more than when I arrived) and no time frame on when Sao Paulo will clear our contract so we can move in. Hopefully its soon! Living in a house with 4 missionaries living out of suitcases isn't super fun haha. Buttttt the chapel here is AWESOME!! Much better than my last one ;). We meet in the stake center soooo it's huge!! I'll send pics. 

Ok so last week, Elder Aron and I were invited to take part in the training of new missionaries in Fortaleza! I was super excited! This never happens! We packed our bags (we would be there for 3 or 4 days) the night before. Right before we went to bed, we received a call.. We wouldn't be going to Fortaleza anymore. Why? Because there was gonna be a big protest on the day that we were going to travel and it was too dangerous for us to leave (Mom, don't worry. This protest was in Fortaleza, nowhere near me.). Not gonna lie, I was pretty upset. The good news is that now, I'm grateful that we were able to stay here and meet the people. They're so awesome!! This last Sunday was Stake Conference so I haven't really had a chance to meet most of my ward, but the Bishop and the few members I've already met are AWESOME! 

Ok, quick update on my Portuguese. I can now understand basically perfectly (Unless the person has a wacky accent), I can read really well, annnd I feel like I've slowed down in my learning of how to speak. Its weird, when I first got here, I was much better at speaking than understanding. Now it's the opposite! I think my problem is that every day I prayed to be able to understand and never said anything about speaking... Oops!! But I'm starting to love Portuguese SOOOOO much! Not as much as I love you guys ;)... Buuuuut a lot! 

Love you guys so much!!