Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever. Alma 26:12

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

The climb was completely worth it! (April 14)

Zone Conference in Araripina
Holy cow!! I can't believe I've already been in Brasil for a month!! On Tuesday at around 5pm we we got on a bus headed to Araripina for a Zone conference the next day. About 3ish hours later, we arrived. It was pretty cool to stay with a bunch of other missionary's (They have 6 living there). After almost a month of living only with my companion it was pretty nice to talk to other missionary's. Even if I couldn't understand them most of the time haha. Elder Carlson (MTC comp) was there too so that was pretty cool. During the day on Wednesday I was able to go on my first split! At first I was pretty nervous because I didn't know the people and the Elder I was with didn't know any Portuguese... Good news though!! I guess that experience forced me to understand Portuguese and now I'm understanding more and more every day! It's crazy how fast it's coming but, with the amount of people we talk to everyday, it can't come fast enough!

This morning we climbed the mountain again! But this time we brought Everton with us. When we got to his house at around 8am, his mom informed us that he had been sick the night before. He insisted that he was feeling better though. His mom gave him permission and we headed out. Climbing the mountain with Everton was tons of fun and we took a bunch of pics when we got to the top (I'll send a couple). Unfortunately, right when we were about to head back, he started feeling sick again. I felt so bad for the little guy, but he toughed it out and we made it back to his house ok. 

We made it to the top of the mountain!
I love how perfectly mountains compare to trials in our lives. The climb up is never easy but once you get to the top, and you have this amazing view in front of you, you know that the climb was completely worth it. My mission isn't always easy but I know that if I give it my all and I climb this mountain of a mission, the view from the top will be worth it all.

Soooo still no house. Buuuut, good news, somehow our water started working yesterday! It only works at the kitchen sink but for us this is awesome. No more showering in dead bug infested water!! YAY!!! We've submitted a house to the secretary and we're just waiting for him to talk to President. I think we'll be in by the end of the week. 

Possible House/Church

Possible House/Church

Possible House/Church
Send pics of Abbys new hair!!! The house looks awesome! Any news on whats his face (the painter guy)? I wish I could have been there to see Kelsey speak :(. I'm sure it was great though! Annnnnd baptisms are going much slower than either of us had expected. Still only Everton. Oh ya, I put a pic of food here in there for you :)

I love you all so much! Good luck with your week!!!!

Elder Hamstead